Subject choice selection for the following year is undertaken by students at each Year Level in Term 3. Information sessions for subject selections will occur during Sub School assemblies, Homegroup and during lessons.
Year 8 and 9 students will be sent home instructions on how to login to the online subject selection site or return forms to school.
Senior School students will make their subject selection requests and then attend a subject selection/course confirmation interview with homegroup teachers and leaders to discuss and approve these selections. Availability of subjects on offer may depend on student numbers for each year. Consult the school calendar for correct dates in Term 3 here.
How to Select Your Pathway and Your Pathway Subjects
In selecting a pathway, students should consider the following steps:
- Aspirations – your future, careerplans, your education
- Your capabilities and interests
- Your achievements at school so far
- Information available to you about your choices (from teachers, parents, Wellbeing Leaders, etc.)
- Attending the Pathway Information Night throughout Term 3
- Personal Learning Plan investigations
2. READ AND UNDERSTAND
- The courses available
- Organisation of the school curriculum – choices, pattern, course descriptors
- The line structure and availability of courses
- How subjects connect to future options
- SACE requirements for Senior School
- Pre-requisites or recommended subjects for further study/training/employment
- Fill in your course selection form
- Attend your course counselling confirmation day with a parent/caregiver
- Finalise your choices
SOME SOURCES OF INFORMATION
You can get information to help with your course choices from the following:
- School reports
- Subject teachers (and subject teachers’ recommendations)
- Homegroup teachers
- Wellbeing Leaders
- Golden Grove High School Website www.goldengrovehs.sa.edu.au
- VET and Career Education Leader
- Learning Area Leaders
- Deputy Principal / Assistant Principals
- Job Guide https://www.education.gov.au/school-work-transitions
- Curriculum Handbooks
- Pathway Flow Charts
- Friends and relatives who work in various fields
- Tertiary institutions, TAFESA and Registered Training Organisations (RTO)
- South Australian Tertiary Admissions Centre - SATAC (www.satac.edu.au)
- My Future website www.myfuture.edu.au
- The SACE Board www.sace.edu.au
- Apprenticeship Officers
- Career Bullseyes
INTRODUCTION TO YEAR 11 AND 12 (SACE STAGES 1 & 2)
This introduction is designed to provide students and parents with information about our SACE Curriculum, with specific detail. Please click to read more.
A SACE Planner is available here.
SHARED LEARNING - CROSS CAMPUS STUDY AND VET COURSES AT ONE+
View more information about the One+ brand and Shared Learning here.
Further information about VET in 2020.
To enter student subject selections, go to the Resources Tab which appears at the top left side of our website, expand the + and go down to 'Subject Selection'. When relevant year level data is loaded you will be able to login and enter selections.