SUBJECT SELECTIONS FOR YEAR 9 AND YEAR 10 IN 2020
Year 8 and 9 students are currently being asked to consider their subject selections for 2020. This is an important process and students need to ensure they make wise choices for next year. To assist in this process all students will attend a Course Counselling session at school and will receive documentation to assist in selecting suitable subjects via their home group teacher.
Parents are invited to attend a Parent Information Night, where the subject selection process will be explained, and have the opportunity to ask specific questions where required.
The Information Evening is on Monday 26 August, in the DRMC upstairs Lecture Theatre with sessions scheduled as follows:
- Year 8 Parents Subject Selection Information – 6.00pm – 6.45pm
- Daymap Parent Information Session – 6.45pm – 7.15pm (between Year 8 and 9 subject selection sessions).
- Year 9 Parents Subject Selection Information – 7.15pm – 8.00pm
Some considerations for students in selecting a course of study include:
- Their future career plans and ambitions
- Their capabilities and interests
- Their achievements at school so far
- Information available to them from parents, teachers and school counsellors
- SACE requirements for Senior School
- Prerequisites for further study
Once caregivers and students have selected the desired subjects for 2020, the selections need to be entered online with individualised login details provided by each student’s homegroup teacher. Year 9 students will receive these details on Tuesday 20 August and Year 8 students on Tuesday 27 August.
Further information on course/subject content and subject selection can be found in the appropriate “2020 Curriculum Handbook” which is accessed through the school’s website at Subject Selection to locate the relevant handbook or via the Intranet whilst at school.
Year 8 & 9 students are asked to complete online subject selections by 9.00am Monday 16 September.