Golden Grove High School supports high achievement and expectation for Aboriginal students.
A strong support Team of
- Senior Leader
- Aboriginal Education Teacher,
- Aboriginal Community Education Officer (Maryanne Hill in G15)
- Learner Support Coordinator
- School Support Officers
work with students to support academic success and positive well-being. All students have an Individual Learning Plan which helps to frame each student’s learning goals.
Opportunities exist for;
- Student Voice representation.
- Cultural participation through - NAIDOC, Reconciliation week and Harmony Day activities
- Pathway planning through North East Vocational Opportunities, Vocational Education Training and School Based Apprenticeships.
The school celebrates and acknowledges success through;
- Visible acknowledgement of Aboriginal culture
- Term awards
- ATSI Year 12 celebrations
- Newsletter items
To further support students and their families we offer;
- A homework club after school
- A barbeque for families and friends in term 1 to meet and make links.