There are a number of opportunities for the community and potential or new students to visit Golden Grove High School.
- Our Open Day is held in Term 1 each year. In 2020 this is on Wednesday 25 March. Attendance is by registration. All our tours begin with a welcome by our principal, Peter Kuss and provide an overview of our facilities, programs and futures focused education at Golden Grove High School. Tours during the day will provide you with an immersive experience and you will see normal lessons in action. These tours are designed to give our new families and students a 'feel' for our school and hear from our Learning Area Leaders, students and other staff. Our after school tours are an excellent opportunity to view our facilities, hear from our Learning Area Leaders and have conversations with our Special Program leaders, Student Voice Leaders and members of our Governing Council. (Please note that all 2020 Open Day tours were cancelled due to the Covid-19 event.)
Tour 1 – 11.00am - 12.15pm (lessons operating)
Tour 2 – 11.45am - 1.00pm (lessons operating)
Tour 3 – 4.30pm - 5.30pm
Tour 4 – 5.00pm - 6.00pm
Tour 5 – 5.30pm - 6.30pm
- A very successful transition program for Year 7 students involving liaison with feeder primary schools, student visits, parent information evening, and orientation days. Check the School Calendar for the dates.
- New students at other year levels transitioning to the school are given a tour at the enrolment interview.
2020 School Tour Dates are:
- Term 1 - Week 9 - Wednesday 25 March 2020 - CANCELLED
- Term 2 - Week 9 - Thursday 25 June 2020 - 4.00pm
- Term 2 - Week 10 - Thursday 2 July 2020 - 4.00pm
- Term 3 - Week 3 - Thursday 6 August 2020 - 4.00pm
- Term 3 - Week 6 - Thursday 27 August 2020 - 4.00pm
- Term 3 - Week 9 - Thursday 17 September - 4.00pm
- Term 4 - Week 2 - Thursday 22 October - 4.00pm
- Term 4 - Week 5 - Thursday 12 November - 4.00pm
Please book for Term 4 tours by phoning the Executive Secretary on 8282 6400.