At Golden Grove High School we have a designated area called the Wellbeing Hub that offers support to our students for concerns relating to their wellbeing.
The Wellbeing Hub team consists of:
- Two fulltime student Wellbeing Leaders
- Student Mentor (through referral only)
- Defence Force Mentor
- School Support Officer (SSO)
The Wellbeing Team offers a range of services that include:
- Help to manage relationships with family, teachers and peers
- Support to manage wellbeing issues
- Advice on subject selection
- Provide information about and referrals to other support agencies
- Support to encourage attendance and engagement wit their learning
Our Wellbeing Leaders are qualified teachers with additional skills and experience in promoting and supporting student learning and wellbeing.
In School Psychology
Golden Grove High School have developed a positive relationship with In School Psychology. In School Psychology provides free psychological services to our students and their families. It is offered onsite through the Wellbeing Hub. A GP referral (Mental Health Care Plan) and parent consent are required to access this service.
In an Emergency
If you need to talk to someone urgently, or if you need medical or psychiatric help, here are some suggestions of 24 hour services whom to contact:
- Kids Helpline 1800 551 800 (freecall)
- Parent Helpline 1300 364 100
- Crisis Care 131 611
- Lifeline 131 114
- Youth Health Line 1300 131 719
Websites to support wellbeing are:
Parenting SA Videos Available
Parenting SA has recently developed 3 short videos on sleep for teenagers, sleep for toddlers, and the impact of screen use on sleep. Please follow this link to the video on 'Sleep and Teenagers'.
They provide advice and support for parents,
Programs / activities driven by the Wellbeing Hub include:
- Positive Growth Mindset Program
- Anger Management for Boys Program
- Cyber Bullying Awareness Programs
- Operation Flinders
Safe Schools Coalition Australia
Golden Grove High School is part of the Safe Schools Coalition Australia. Nationally convened by the Foundation for Young Australians, Safe Schools Coalition Australia creates change in schools to build safer and more inclusive environments for same sex attracted, intersex and gender diverse students, teachers and families.
For more information please visit http://www.safeschoolscoalition.org.au/