At Golden Grove High School we have a designated area called The Hub that offers support to our students for concerns relating to their wellbeing.
The Hub team consists of:
- Two fulltime student Wellbeing Leaders
- Student Mentor (through referral only)
- Defence Force Mentor
- VET/Careers Coordinator
- School Support Officers (SSOs)
The Wellbeing Team offers a range of services that include:
- Help to manage relationships with family, teachers and peers
- Support to manage wellbeing issues
- Advice on subject selection
- Provide information about and referrals to other support agencies
- Support to encourage attendance and engagement with their learning
Our Wellbeing Leaders are qualified teachers with additional skills and experience in promoting and supporting student learning and wellbeing.
Golden Grove High School have developed a positive relationship with Grow Wellbeing. Grow Wellbeing provides free mental health services to our students and their families. It is offered onsite through The Hub. A GP referral (Mental Health Care Plan) and parent consent are required to access this service.
In an Emergency
If you need to talk to someone urgently, or if you need medical or psychiatric help, here are some suggestions of 24 hour services whom to contact:
- Kids Helpline 1800 551 800 (freecall)
- Parent Helpline 1300 364 100
- Crisis Care 131 611
- Lifeline 131 114
- Youth Health Line 1300 131 719
Websites/links to support wellbeing are:
Parenting SA Videos Available
Parenting SA has recently developed 3 short videos on sleep for teenagers, sleep for toddlers, and the impact of screen use on sleep. Please follow this link to the video on 'Sleep and Teenagers'.
They provide advice and support for parents,
Programs / activities driven by the The Hub include:
- Positive Growth Mindset Program
- Cyber Bullying Awareness Programs
- Operation Flinders
For more information please visit http://www.safeschoolscoalition.org.au/